Are you looking for a method to reset your television? Want to restore the default settings for your gadget? Insignia televisions are one of the finest in the market and are versatile in nature. Thus, with a huge number of features, it is inevitable to face some operational difficulties.
There might be a lot of reasons for opting for a television reset. Oftentimes, several updates and unrequited issues might lead one to rest the gadget. Resetting a television might be a hard task for some.
This happens especially if you are not very familiar with the procedure and functionality of the device. Therefore, It is important to seek expert guidance in this regard. This article deals with the procedure of resetting an insignia television.
How to Reset Insignia TV
Insignia is a United States of America’s based Television manufacturing brand. The brand is a subdivision of Best Buy and offers a diverse variety of products. Famous for its quality products and outstanding performance, insignia has earned a name for itself in the previous years.
Therefore, the televisions available under the trademark are produced in a diverse range of sizes and features. Moreover, Television models range from small tv screens to large LCS (Liquid Crystal Display) and LED (Light Emitting Diode). Besides this, other prominent television models include Amazon Fire TV.
Surprisingly, despite the exceptional and versatile features of insignia products, they are not expensive. Instead, lie towards medium price ranges. However, some products under the brand name might be luxurious and difficult to afford. This is especially the case if one is looking for top-notch features.
Insignia Amazon Fire TV
Insignia Amazon Fire TV is one of the best insignia TV available in the market. Featuring remote control and voice control, these television sets are comparable to some finest models in the industry.
Furthermore, integrating ample amounts of channels and applications, the gadget offers a complete entertainment value. Moreover, the products are versatile in terms of size and are available in large and small sizes.
However, the smart device falls towards the high end of price values and might be difficult to afford. Additionally, there is no premium option available for consumers.
Insignia HD TV
Insignia HD TVs are another class of Insignia Televisions. These televisions are pocket friendly and are available at a reasonable price. Additionally, smaller in size and lesser in quality than the previous model, these models cost around $80.
Therefore, most models in this category are only between 19 inches to 32 inches in size. Fortunately, HD versions support USB input for data sharing. Recently, 40-inch models have been introduced in the market with exceptional HD properties.
These HD televisions offer superior pixel quality and contain 3 HDMI sockets. These sockets serve a variety of purposes, including plugging more than one device. Luckily, 40 this version is less expensive than the previously mentioned 32-inch version and offers more attributes.
Insignia 4K TVs
Insignia 4K televisions are different from their other counterparts. Designed specifically for movie nights and entertainment purposes, the product is large in size. In addition to its large size, the 4K television version also has good video quality.
Furthermore, remote control features and HDR compatibility act as icing on top. Similarly, the product is not expensive, despite its wonderful characteristics. The price of the insignia 4K television 55-inch model is $280.
58 inches television is also available with the same features at the discounted price of $360. The only difference between both models lies in size. Lastly, a 65-inch model is also available to consumers with a price tag of $549.
Types of Reset
There might be various types of reset options available for Insignia televisions. The two most prominent of which include; hard reset and soft reset.
This method is useful if you want to restore the gadget to its default settings. Hard reset guide of Insignia televisions is extremely useful in this regard. Some common characteristics of hard reset include complete deletion of all the data, personal information, accounts and updates installed by the system.
Moreover, downloaded apps are also removed after the hard reset. Hard reset is also known as factory reset and returns the appliance to its original settings.
Steps Involved in the Hard Reset
Following are the steps involved in the hard reset of Insignia television products.
- Firstly, it is important to switch on the television using the power button. The power button is red and is located at the top of the remote control.
- Secondly, press the home button. This will lead to the main menu of the television software system.
- Thirdly, search for the setting option on the menu while scrolling downwards. Press the right arrow to select the setting option.
- Afterwards, select the system option after moving downwards and again press the right arrow. This will lead to another menu. In the new menu, select the advanced system settings. Again press the right arrow to enter.
- Next, scroll down unless you reach the factory reset option. Press ok. To factory reset the system, enter the code. The code will already be displayed on the screen.
- Lastly, Press ok and wait for the appliance to display welcome on the main screen.
Congratulations, your appliance has been successfully reset.
Note: Remember that the code displayed in the last step changes every time you proceed with the factory reset.
A soft reset is further divided into two categories, mainly soft reset and force restart. A soft reset is easier as compared to hard reset and involves the following steps.
- Firstly, press the power button located on the remote control. Contrary to previous settings, this time pressing the red power button would lead you to turn off the television.
- Secondly, press the power button again this time to turn on the television set. The soft reset is complete.
This will fix the minor issues with your appliance. For more complex issues it is essential to proceed with a hard reset.
This step is useful when the device gets stuck. There are times when the display screen does not respond despite various efforts. Thus, in such instances, it is crucial to go for a force restart. Furthermore, this method does not lead to the deletion of any data. Neither does it change any settings on the system.
Steps involved in the Force Restart
Following are the steps involved in the force restart of Insignia television.
- Firstly, unplug the appliance from the socket. This is to stop any power supply connected with the device.
- Afterwards, please wait for some time before again plugging it in the socket.
- Lastly, press the power button on the remote control to turn the television on.
Check if the issue has been resolved. If not contact the relevant authorities for expert advice
To turn television into service mode following steps should be adopted.
- At first, press the red power button on your remote control to switch on the television.
- Then, open the main menu by selecting the home button located below the power button on the remote control.
- Afterwards, scroll downwards until your reach setting option, to enter the settings option press the right arrow button.
- Now, again scroll downwards till the system option and enter it by pressing the right arrow.
- Then, press the right arrow to select the about option. You will observe the system information being displayed on your television screen.
- Afterwards, press the following buttons in the described order on your remote control: Up, Right, Down, Right, Up.
- Then, press the fast forward button three times and the rewind button two times, respectively.
- Lastly, press the black arrow on the remote control. This arrow is located below the power button on the left side. Pressing the arrow will bring you to the factory menu.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I reset my Insignia TV without a remote?
This can be performed using the power button located on the television itself. Long pressing the button will lead to boot mode from where factory reset can be selected.
Where is the reset button on Insignia TV?
The reset can be carried out using the power button, which is present on top of the television set.
How do I fix my Insignia TV that won’t turn on?
This problem can be resolved by performing the power reset.
Insignia television models are versatile and offer exceptional performance. Moreover, despite the outstanding features, the gadget is available at reasonable market prices. Due to the huge number of features available for customer use, it is inevitable to face some issues in the system.
Various types of reset options are present for consumer convenience. Hard reset and soft reset are the most common approaches to resolve complex and minor issues associated with Insignia television. Other issues such as frozen screen can also be solved using force restart options.
It is important to have a basic knowledge about the features of the gadget before attempting the reset. Basic reset information is useful to resolve some basic issues in the system software. Some complex problems can also be resolved using factory reset options. After several attempts, if the issue persists, it is advisable to seek expert guidance.
Anton is the one who came up with the HifiBeast project and kept things going initially. He’s an Electric and Computer Science Engineer which helped him a lot as well as his interest in the modern gadgets keep him going when it comes to sharing some new & cool stuff. If you have any query or facing any issues with your gadgets, shoot him an email. ( Shoot him an email now ).