Kenmore washing machines and dryers are some of the most used appliances in your house. It is possible that they can get dirty very quickly because of this heavy use. You can easily get rid of this problem by doing a simple cleaning process.
It has some problems, like leaks and clogging. When you discover that your Kenmore washer is leaking or clogging, it is time for you to change it. If you keep cleaning your machine well, it will work again.
There are some ways to clean a Kenmore washer and help you avoid having any problem with the machine.
1) Unplug the Kenmore Washer from the power source before cleaning it for safety reasons, and otherwise electric shock may occur if the machine is not disconnected from the power source when cleaning its parts or drum area.
2) Open the lid of your Kenmore Washer and check if there are any water leaks from there or other parts of the machine as well as if there is some dirt on the inside of your Kenmore Washer as well as inside its lid;
3) Now turn off your Kenmore Washer by pressing and holding its ON/OFF button until its motor stops;
4) Unplug all other electrical devices connected to your Kenmore Washer so that they will not be harmed by any electric shock.
5) After all electrical devices are unplugged, now you can use a toothbrush to clean the lint trap and the vent tube of your Kenmore Washer;
6) Use a vacuum cleaner to clean your Kenmore Washer’s bottom. If there is any dirt on the bottom of your Kenmore Washer, you can use a vacuum cleaner to clean it. Make sure that you unplug all electrical devices connected to your Kenmore Washer before using a vacuum cleaner on it. If you do not want to remove the entire lid of your Kenmore Washer, then you can use compressed air with a nozzle or dust brush attachment to blow out any dirt inside the machine.
7) To clean its lid, first open its lid and then remove the water-absorbing pad located at the bottom of it and clean it;
8) Clean all other parts inside your Kenmore Washer including the lid and base;
9) Now put back its water-absorbing pad in place and plug in your Kenmore Washer. The machine will start working again once it is plugged in;
10) Make sure that the water level indicator is on and it is empty before you run your Kenmore Washer.
11) After cleaning your Kenmore Washer, let it dry completely before using it again.
If you follow these steps to clean your Kenmore Washer, then you will not have any problem with your machine. If you still have any problems, then contact the service center of your local appliance dealer.