It is very easy to reset the router’s Wi-Fi password by accessing the router’s IP address by typing http://192.168.1.1 in the address bar.
Log in with the username and password you find on your router. Navigating to ‘Accounts’, click ‘Edit User Accounts’. This will allow you to change the user’s access control. If you haven’t changed your password for your Spectrum WiFi, you will have to enter your account information again.
Why Change Spectrum Wi-Fi Password?
It’s easy to forget your passwords when you log on to a Wi-Fi network, but there are some additional reasons you should change the passwords of your Spectrum router frequently. Having many devices on your network could mean that some of your devices will lose priority and your Internet speed may become a little sluggish. You are only interested in connecting to the wireless devices that you own.
You can protect your network by creating new passwords regularly, which will help you avoid certain types of attacks, data theft and other threats that hackers might attempt to cause harm to your system. For extra security, buy the best Spectrum Wi-Fi routers that are currently on the market.
How to View Current Wi-Fi Information?
What you do to get Spectrum Wi-Fi details depends on what kind of OS is running on the computer. If your computer has Windows OS, the procedure to view Wi-Fi network information differs from Mac OS. It is possible for you to perform various steps to check your Wi-Fi network information, based on the Operating System that you have installed on your computer.
For Windows 8/8.1
- First, open the Start menu. From the Start menu,
- When you search for Network and Sharing, type the keyword Network and Sharing into the box that appears. If you want to go into the control panel, just go to Network and Sharing and open it.
- If you need to see your wireless network’s connection status and information about it, go to the Networking and Sharing tab. In this section, you will see the option to check the connection status and information about your Wi-Fi network.
- You will see a button called Manage Wi-Fi which needs to be clicked.
- Choose the Wi-Fi Properties tab and then go to the Security tab.
- The Wi-Fi name and password are displayed on the Wi-Fi tab.
- Select Show Characters to get the password for the Wi-Fi.
For Windows 10
The fundamental features of Windows 10 are the same. We would modify none of the steps described above for a Windows 10 PC or laptop.
For Mac OS
- Start the app that protects your account by storing passwords and other information, and look for utility apps that can help you manage your account.
- On your home page, you can also view your saved passwords.
- Use the search bar at the top of the page to find the name of the network. Once the search engine has found the network, click the View Password link at the bottom of the page.
- Clicking on the Wi-Fi network that you want to check will open a window that will allow you to see the password and a list of available devices to connect to.
- Select Show Password to show the password that is used to access the Wi-Fi.
Changing Spectrum Wi-Fi Password Using Router Info
If this is your first time using a Spectrum router or you simply want to change your Spectrum Wi-Fi password, then this guide will help you.
- Specified Wi-Fi network SSIDs and passwords, along with the MAC address and the router’s number, can be found on the router’s backside. You will also find its standard web GUI information such as its default IP address, username and password.
- You will get the router’s default IP address, which will enable you to connect to the internet using a web browser.
- Before you set up your router, check that your PC and mobile devices are capable of running web browsers that are compatible with the web GUI of your router.
- When you are done disconnecting all your Ethernet connections, plug your modem back into the router and allow it to power up.
- Go to the router’s web GUI and plug in an Ethernet cable from your computer to your modem. Then, go to the wireless network port on your router and create a new password.
- You can then login to the internet GUI by typing http://192.168.1.2 in the address bar of any web browser.
- Click on the Admin link at the top of the router and select the user that you used to log in to the router. Click on the button that says Sign in to this router. Type in the username and password that you used to log in to your router.
- Click the button that looks like the Access Control or User tab. If the user name that you entered isn’t the user you want to be assigned to a user account, just click Confirm and you’ll be taken to the login page.
- If you’ve entered admin, your username should be administrator.
- You’ll be prompted to enter your old password. After you do that, the software will ask you to enter your new password.
- Congratulations! You have changed my password.
Changing Spectrum Wi-Fi Password Using Spectrum Online Account
If changing the password for your wireless provider is difficult, you can use the online services offered by Spectrum to help you. You cannot change your password using your online account, however, it is possible if you have a router that was installed after 2013.
You can modify your Wi-Fi password by following these steps:
- In your browser, type spectrum.net into the search box, and if it opens, just click on it. This will open the Spectrum website, where you can log in to your account and make any necessary changes.
- If you have not created an account with Spectrum, you can access your online account by entering your username and password. If this is the first time you have a Spectrum account, I strongly advise that you sign up for an account.
- Your account gives you access to your account information, which includes information about your bills and your account summary. Click My Account and then on My Services. If you want to change your password, you will have to visit the login page you used to access your account. Then click Account Settings.
- There are three options for you to choose from: Voice, Internet and TV. Click on the Internet. Click Internet to access your wireless network. Identify and select the Wi-Fi networks that you want to manage.
- Click Managed Network in the list of Your Wi-Fi networks. Choose the Wi-Fi network that you want to manage.
- Enter your username and password. Click Save Changes.
- It will appear that you can save your settings by clicking on the Save button.
Changing Spectrum Wi-Fi Password Using My Spectrum App
If what you are doing is changing WiFi settings while you are on the go, you can use the My Spectrum app, which will allow you to do that from any smartphone. What you do to reset the Spectrum Wi-Fi password using the My Spectrum App is as simple as this:
- Open the My Spectrum app in the app store and log in to your My Spectrum account.
- Tap the menu that will appear when your device is logged in. This will show you the current status of your devices, like the status of your router and TV, etc.
- On the last page of your subscription, you will find an option that will allow you to view and edit the network.
- You will be shown the Wi-Fi name and the password. You can change the Wi-Fi name and password at any time.
- You have the ability to change the name and the password of your Wi-Fi network if you want to change the name and password. If you do that, the changes will be effective.
- Click Save to save the changes.
Max AnthonyMainly Max Anthony is an athletics tutor & lives in Texas but that's not it. He's is also a music producer, content creator, record producer, writer, and session musician. He has been producing music and engineering at a lower level for over 5 years. His passions include quality music gear and that's what he loves to write about on HifiBeast. ( Shoot him an email now )
Spectrum App On Fire stick
Is the spectrum app supported on firestick? Yes, you can use the spectrum app on firestick. The app is available…
Returning Spectrum Equipment – Easy Guide
Spectrum allows customers to use internet modem for no cost, but it costs money to connect to Wi-Fi networks,…