How to Know If You Need Factory Reset Your Samsung Smart TV
Common problems include:
- Problem with picture: No images, no TV channels, display is not normal, black screen.
- Problems with audio: No sound, a muddy sound, playback is often paused.
How to Factory Reset Samsung Smart TV
There are two-way steps that will enable you to completely restore the default settings of your Samsung Smart TV:
- Soft Factory Reset: This will enable you to quickly restart the TV settings.
- Hard Factory Reset: This program allows you to complete a complex resetting of all the settings that you have previously set by pressing a number of buttons.
Be careful – if you reset your TV, all of your settings will be lost, including:
- Your recordings
- Channels that are tuned
- Agreements of Smart Hub services
- Passwords that are stored
Before doing the factory reset process, be sure that you are ready for any possible changes to the settings of your Smart Hub.
Soft Factory Reset Samsung Smart TV
There are five steps to this factory reset method:
- Hold down the ‘Power’ key of the remote.
- Wait till your monitor goes completely blank and nothing will show up on the screen. It could take about 10 sec.
- Release the ‘Power’ button on your remote control that you hold, and do nothing to the TV for a minimum 30 sec.
- Hold down again the ‘Power’ key on your remote.
- Wait until the TV comes back on, and when it does, start to turn that on normally.
This method is a general and quick fix for Samsung TVs. If your Samsung Smart TV still doesn’t operate like it should, you may have to contact Samsung to request a more detailed diagnostic. But, you could try the next method for this problem too.
Hard Factory Reset Samsung Smart TV
You should be able to reset Samsung Smart TVs with the same wireless controller. You’ll be using more keys and buttons that you normally use to access the menu of your remote device. These steps will allow you to hard factory reset Samsung Smart TVs:
- Go to the control menu on the device that you are using. Then press the menu button, and you will be directed to the main menu.
- Go to ‘Settings’ from the menu button.
- Follow the steps below to complete a factory reset: Select ‘Support’, then press ‘Enter’, search for ‘Self-Diagnosis Option’. At the next prompt, you need to press ‘Enter’ to complete the process.
- 4. Click on Reset. To complete your request, press they key.
- Type in the ‘Default PIN Code’ or a security pin after the warning message appears. Then, press ‘Enter’ when you are finished typing.
- Once the resetting process is completed, a new screen warning message should be displayed. Use either the right or left arrow keys to choose ‘Yes’, then press Enter to accept the offer.
If you want to factory reset your Samsung Smart TV, the default PIN code for your device is 1, and the security code is 0000. Obviously, it’s best to create your own security code. If some suggestions above do not help, you may want to seek qualified help: go to a Samsung store or hire a skilled technician.
How to Reset the Sound Settings of Samsung Smart TV
This method is slightly less frequent than requesting your Samsung TV to be reset to its default settings, but it is still very useful. It’s also easy to return sound settings to the factory defaults if you try these steps. Here are some easy tips to help you diagnose any of these problems.
- Press ‘Settings’ on the remote.
- Go ahead to the TV sound menu.
- Click on ‘Expert Settings’.
- Finalize by pressing ‘Reset Sound’, which is located at the dropdown menu.
If trying these steps does not solve the problem, you may need to talk to a qualified technician to find out more about your TV. Problems could be with the smart TV itself, which cannot be fixed by a basic reset.