Suppose you experience any abnormal picture quality, distorted sound, and an improper display, or even if you want to sell your TV or give it away. A factory reset will recalibrate your TV to default settings. This process will remove all the tuned channels, recordings, customs input, installed applications, and stored WIFI.
Many people are intimidated to change any TV settings, that is why Panasonic TV‘s have the reset option, which allows you to repair any setting you make back to factory defaults. So, you can reset your TV with the following procedure. This procedure is fairly standard for all the models in the Panasonic range. So, Let’s get going.
How to Reset Panasonic TV
There are two different ways to reset your Panasonic TV. It depends upon the issue you are encountering. Sometimes a simple Power reset can resolve the issue and it starts working fine. But if this procedure can not resolve then try another method of the factory reset.
However, Resetting your device to its factory settings erases all your data, saving accounts and settings. Furthermore, it is advisable to not turn off or unplug the TV during the factory reset procedure.
You will not lose any private data and settings during the power reset. Although, it is preferable to disconnect the USB or any other gadget attached to your TV before performing any resetting of your device.
- Restart your TV with the remote control.
- Press and hold the power button on the remote control for five to ten seconds. Until the power off notification appears on the screen.
- The TV will turn off and automatically restart after a minute.
- If the problem persists, unplug the main electrical power cord.
- Press the power button on the TV and wait for a few seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the electrical outlet and start the TV.
Factory Data Reset
- Select the main menu option on your Panasonic remote control. Press the arrow up and arrow down to select the setup and then click Ok.
- Go to the Picture option and click Ok, another run down option list will appear under.
- Select the reset option to reset all the picture changes with the plant default settings aside from the propelled picture setting.
- This stride will reset all the picture settings.
- Press the menu button on your remote control.
- Go to the Audio option and select Ok, under this an option list will appear.
- Select the reset option to reset the bass, treble, and balance changes in accordance with industrial facility default settings.
- This stride will reset all the audio settings of your device.
- Go to the main menu option again and click ok.
- Scroll down and select the Reset option to reset all the preferences in the setup segment and channel settings.
- This will reset your TV to the default settings.
Generic Factory Reset
- If your TV is off or on standby Switch on your device and set it to view a TV channel.
- Press the buttons on the front panel on the TV and press and hold the function F button.
- Simultaneously, press and hold the data button on the remote control.
- Your TV will perform a self-check.
- Switch off your device and unplug it from the mains.
- When you will connect the TV back and switch it on it will perform the full first-time installation.
- If your TV is on standby mode you can also try this method to remove the glitches and issues,
- Switch on your Panasonic TV and set it right to view a TV channel.
- By pressing the buttons on the front panel of the TV press the labelled function FCN button.
- Press the volume button of (-) from your front panel. Until the message appears on your screen.
Can I set my Panasonic TV Without a Remote control?
Yes, you can reset and eliminate the lock on your TV without using the remote control. Hold and press the power button for a few seconds. The television will restart automatically. Nevertheless, if the lock is still on, Unplug the main electrical cord of your TV and remove the battery from the back panel of your TV.
However, if you are unable to overcome the problem from the factory or generic reset, it is better to call the customer care centre or to take your device to the near authorized Panasonic retailer. Or you can reach them out through the phone call on their toll-free number and even by sending an e-mail. Moreover, they allow you to have a live chat with the support team and book a service appointment so an engineer can visit your place to examine your device thoroughly.
Related Guides: How to Reset Mitsubishi TV | How to Reset Toshiba TV
Closing It Up
Every person has his own preferences, so customizing your TV’s setting will allow you to have it according to your choice and likeness. You can experiment with all the settings of your TV without being intimidated that you are going to permanently change the TV settings. The Panasonic TV gives you the reset option so you can repair any set back to its factory default.
However, if you have the menu button on your TV remote control you can effortlessly reset your television with the above-mentioned procedure. If you do not have the access to the menu button you can find the instructions to recalibrate your TV in the user’s manual guide to help you.
So, next time if you find any jarring noise or improper display you know how to reset your Panasonic TV to remove any occurring glitches and errors. I hope this guide will help you to do the following procedure effortlessly and easily to run your device smoothly.