The Xfinity Voice Controller is a handheld control that allows you to control Xfinity TV via your voice. With it, you can turn on and off certain channels, find shows and movies you want to watch, and much more.
The XR15 Xfinity Voice Controller for TV boxes was originally designed as a replacement for the XR11, but it functions the same way. This is a smart remote that works with select TV boxes and allows you to search for TV programs and movies more quickly. You’ll be able to quickly change channels, browse shows, and get recommendations.
The XR111 Xfinity Voice Controller can speak commands to control your TV box. Using the voice command to control your TV, you can quickly change channels, find favorite shows and movies, get recommendations for shows and movies, and more. You may find and watch popular TV shows or movies using the audio you record; you may also set up and start your own DVR using the audio you record.
Find out how to set up the X1 Remote control on your TV using the X1 Remote Lookup tool. If the remote control has a button that you can hold and Xfinity will allow you to set a custom setting, use that button to input a custom programming code. If not, you will have to manually push the Xfinity and Mute buttons.
If you have a Xfinity voice remote, you can easily say “Program Remote” to program it to your TV.
Programming Xfinity Remote
Xfinity Remote is what you used to control your Xfinity Cable box, but for certain cable services and for your TV, you’ll need a separate remote. Programming your Xbox Remote for your TV means you can turn it on and adjust the volume just like you would a traditional TV remote.
You can also use the Xfinity remote to control your AV devices if you are sitting in a different room or from a different area altogether. You can even pair it with some AV receivers, such as sound bars and DVD players.
Xfinity Remote Model
You will find your model number on the back of the device or in the battery compartment. Here is a list of the remotes that come with Xfinity remote service.
- XR15 (Voice Remote)
- XR16 (Voice Remote)
- XR11 (Voice Remote)
The steps for programming various models of the remote are different, but the procedure will be the same for each model. Programming steps are distinct depending on your remote model. It might or may not include voice commands or a specific button for setting up your remote. Here, we added the procedure for all the models that are currently out there.
Programming Your Xfinity Voice Remote
Voice remote controls allow users to access their TV and Internet services by speaking commands to their remotes. It’s easy to use, and it’s also much faster to change channels or to get detailed information on a particular program.
It was a step up from earlier models, the XR15 and XR11. Now, you’ll be able to ask the voice command to control the TV using your voice. Hold the microphone button and give a command to it. I’ll go over each step in greater detail in the next section.
Programming Your Xfinity Remote Using Online Code Lookup Tool
The Xfinity Remote Code Lookup lists the different remote codes that are available for each model. It also includes the documents that explain how to program your remote.
If it is listed at the back of your remote, you will find a button to enter a code to enable Xfinity TV to detect your remote. Simply go to your remote control follow these steps:
- Click on the appropriate remote controller for the system you are programming. Once you have chosen the correct model, click on ‘Continue’.
- Select TV or other devices to pair the remote with. If you select TV, you will see a screen showing that the remote will work with that device.
- The code for programming a Xfinity remote will be the manufacturer’s name or the part number for a specific Xfinity TV.
- If the codes are correct, they will appear on your screen along with step-by-step instructions on how to proceed with the programming.
You will see over one code you can try. There are several ways to find a code, so if one method doesn’t work for you, try a different one. Steps to find the code are the same, but depending on your Xfinity router model, things may be different.
Programming Non-Voice Xfinity Remotes
Here is what you should do.
- It is important that you first connect your TV to a remote control that you own
- Make sure that your remote control input is set to TV.
- Hold the Set up or Set button, which will vary based on the remote you are using.
- Wait until the blue LED on the remote controls the TV. Some remotes have only a red light showing that it is time to turn on your TV. For these remotes, you cannot turn on the TV until the light changes to red.
- Type in the code by touching the Numpad on the remote. If the TV recognizes the code, the green (or red) light will flash two times.
- If you enter the correct code, the green (or red) light on your TV should flash twice.
Programming XR11 voice with Setup Button
As covered with non-voice Xfinity remotes earlier in the guide, you can follow the steps below:
- Hold the Setup button down so that the color of the LED on your remote controls switches from red to green.
- Enter a code that is being suggested by the TV .
- If that doesn’t work, move on to the next one.
Programming XR16, XR15 Voice Remote
It is also very important to note that XR16 remotes do not have numeric buttons, like XR15 remotes do. Voice command is enough for most smart devices to be managed by the user. They do not need to enter a code to enable or disable them. But both Xfinity remotes are voice-activated and do not have a setup button. It is really easy to use a voice-activated remote control for your Xfinity TV box or other audio device.
Programming Xfinity Remotes to TV with My Account App
You may easily access your account via the My Account app on your mobile device. You can easily follow these steps:
- Find the TV you want to control by clicking the TV icon on your device.
- You can do this by going to set up a remote, then TV and audio devices.
- You should see a list of devices to control..
- Choose from a selection of TV or audio devices and follow the instructions on-line.
Program your Xfinity Remote to TV to Use One Remote for Everything
If what you want to know is more about helpdesk support methods or how to perform a factory restart, using the Xfinity lookup tool is a good way to learn these things. Similar principles should be applied when you are trying to pair your remote with a voice command or a disc player.