The Chamberlain myQ, a smartphone app that lets you control your garage door from anywhere with your device. With a click, it is as easy as closing or opening the door to the garage. You will receive automatic notifications whenever it is needed. You will always know what is going on with the garage doors and plan accordingly.
You are able to allow people you know to access your door but only for a limited time. Integration with Google Assistant and myQ software can help you quickly and easily open and close your garage door. Google Assistant is enabled with technology that helps you talk to your devices using AI technology. Therefore, you can say commands to your devices using voice commands. This is a great technology because being able to say what you want to say is much easier than attempting to do things by typing a command or doing a function.
Subscription Service Method
You are able to instantly start using Google Assistant in myQ by signing up for myQ Subscription. Here are the steps:
- Go to myQ account, then select ‘Add subscription’.
- You will have options that you need to select ‘Google Assistant’ and the method for payment or billing cycle.
- After you have your order, head to myQ app, then choose ‘Menu’, after that choose ‘Works with myQ’.
- Now launch the Google Assistant app. You can find it in Account Linking.
Alternative Integration Methods
Some users might have difficulty connecting myQ to the Google Assistant by using the service if they pay for it. If you subscribe to a service, you must pay a subscription fee to access certain apps and have an account on the services. But, with a service like that, you can’t link your Google Home account to myQ account. You can use the integration methods below to make a connection between myQ and Google Assistant or Home.
This is an easier method compared to the others. Connecting myQ to Google Assistant, it is pretty easy, and it works pretty well with this method.
- Log into your IFTTT app, create a new applet by selecting ‘Explore’ and ‘Create’.
- Generate the IF trigger by selecting ‘+’.
- Find the Google Assistant, then select ‘Say a simple phrase’.
- Put in your desired statement like ‘Close garage’, then generate the trigger.
- Select the ‘+’ again, then generate the command of ‘Then That’.
- Find myQ, choose ‘Close door’ or any statement you have put in there as a voice command.
- Select the garage door, then press ‘Create action’.
- Get your applet a name, then you’re finished with the method.