When we’re talking about cleaning the oven, you need to know how to clean the Thermador Oven. Cleaning your oven is essential if you want to keep it clean and running well.
A dirty oven can make your food burn or can even result in the fire breaking out from inside.
This guide will show you how to clean a Thermador oven using vinegar and baking soda as well as using a homemade mixture of water and baking soda.
- 1/2 cup vinegar (can be white vinegar or apple cider vinegar)
- 1/2 cup baking soda (can be regular or scented)
- Dishwashing liquid (optional)
- Rubber gloves (optional)
- Towel (optional)
- A plastic bag (optional)
What You’ll Do
- Place a baking soda in the sink and fill it with hot water. The temperature of the water should be around 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
Place the water on a heat source and wait for it to get warm.
- Put on rubber gloves and then use a dishwashing brush to clean the oven.
Make sure that you do not touch any parts of the oven that are directly connected to the heating element, as this can cause an electrical shock or damage your oven.
- Use the vinegar and dishwashing liquid on your gloves and then rub them on the inside of your oven until all of it is off of them, as well as off of your hands.
- Take out some baking soda from its container and put it in a plastic bag with a sealable end on it, such as a trash bag or another one made from plastic material.
The reason why you are putting it in a plastic bag is that you don’t want to put it in the garbage.
Put the bag on top of the baking soda in your sink and then dump the vinegar and dishwashing liquid over it.
- Place a heavy object on top of the bag and then put another heavy object on top of that one.
This will force out all of the air from the bag, so you can seal it in your oven for storage.
- Put your plastic bag inside your oven and leave it there for an hour or two, depending on how dirty your oven is. Depending on how well you clean it, you may have to leave it in there longer than that time period to get all of the baking soda off of your oven’s heating element and clean any debris that may be stuck inside as well.
- Take out your plastic bag and use a sponge or brush to clean off any leftover residue from inside of your oven, then wipe down with a damp towel to get rid of any remaining dirt or residue from inside as well as outside of your oven.
- Put back all of the parts that were previously removed from the inside of your oven, including the fan and the filter.